Thursday 23 February 2012

Inspiration

I came across something recently that really struck a chord with me...
Does anyone else sometimes feel like they fill their lives with things that aren't important, and don't leave room for the most important things? I know I do. I always have lists of jobs that I 'need' to do and I don't always leave time for the things I love. Date night, crafts, photography and baking are just a few of the things that often get the chop if I feel like I'm too busy.

In honesty, how often are these jobs really that important? If the laundry, cleaning or garage reorganisation project doesn't get done until tomorrow (or next week!), would that be the end of the world? Apologies to a lovely friend from church who once advised me to 'always leave the sink empty at the end of each evening', but I've left dishes for a number of days before and surprisingly- nothing happened. No one came to tell me off, we didn't run out of plates and have to eat dinner straight from the pan, and oddly, it was kind of liberating.

For me, it's all about simplifying. The things we enjoy in life aren't generally elaborate or complicated, they're the simple and beautiful. Let's allow these things to be the bread and butter of our lives, and allow the less important things to fill the gaps. Not the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment