Tuesday 6 March 2012

This is real, this is me

In my recent blog-stalking sessions, I have noticed that lots of people are in the mood for sharing. Since I haven't blogged in a while, I thought I would take this opportunity to share a few facts about myself that you may not already know, who know's, I might even be able to surprise you!

1. Since I was young I would bake when I was sad, stressed, lonely or upset. Sponge cakes and fairy cakes were my speciality so I've been baking them as a coping mechanism since I was about 10 (my Mum was very patient with me!)

2. Last year I tried my hand at making jams and preserves, and I absolutely loved it. I learnt to do it the old fashioned way, checking the setting properly etc, and I made several batches which all turned out great (except for the beetroot and orange preserve- which was nasty) This year I'm going to try some new ones.

3. I find machine sewing pretty tricky, but I can sew by hand no problemo. Seriously, I struggle to get good straight lines on my sewing machine.

4. I hate ironing with a passion. I iron the odd item when it's needed but mostly the IT guy does the ironing in our household.

5. I really believe in being green. We recycle, upcycle, freecycle and ebay. Nothing that's still useful goes into landfill from our house.We have water saving devices all over the house, turn lights off when we're not in the room and hardly ever throw away food. I think we've been given this beautiful planet to live on and should treat it with respect. Filling huge holes in the ground with rubbish is not the way to do that.


So there we have it, five things about me. Were any of them a surprise to you or did you know them all already? Please comment and let me know =)

No comments:

Post a Comment