Monday 21 May 2012

E Bay venting!

Has anyone ever had a bad experience with an E Bay purchase? I never had until recently and it makes me so angry. We bought a tent via E Bay and collected it ourselves as it was far too big to post, and paid the seller in cash. When I get around to erecting the tent to check it (two weeks after purchase) there was a plethora of things wrong with it!

2 inch tear in on the underside of the groundsheet
1 inch tear to the shaped bucket for the porch area
1cm tear to the canvas on the top of the tent (covered with sticky tape)
In several places the waterproof tape covering the seams is coming away as there is dirt and grime underneath. This will need to be repaired before I use it otherwise it will let water in.
A green cleaning cloth/sponge was left in an inside pocket of the tent and has disintegrated a bit, leaving stains on the inside.
There are specks of mould scattered across the outside of the tent- I suspect this is because it was packed away damp after last use.
About 40% of the poles have orange rust on them and will eventually need to be replaced. These are stainless steel so I’m not sure how this has happened in two uses!

The seller claims that he forgot to mention the tear in the flysheet, but that this isn't a major issue as they have 'repaired it' with tent tape. Other than that he claims that his listing was accurate. Excellent condition, I think not. Dishonest seller, I think so.

I'm trying to negotiate a little money back to compensate for the various repairs that I am going to have to make, but since I wouldn't have bought a tent with all of these faults, I feel pretty ripped off right now.
What should have arrived


How I feel

No comments:

Post a Comment