Sunday 30 October 2011

The craft room of loveliness

Some lucky people have their own hobby room, where they can do anything that they please. Scrapbooking, sewing, maybe a little model railway if that what floats your boat. Me, well, I have half a room. Our spare room is our guestroom slash my craft room- and I love it.

I tried to keep one end of the room as the guest room- with a bed and some furniture for people that stay at hotel Leah, and the other end of the room for my craft desk and bounteous supplies. But it hasn't really worked out that way. The bed has boxes of fabric underneath, the wardrobe is full of wrapping paper, ribbon and gift bags, and the chest of drawers currently houses all of the Christmas cards I've made for this year (and, I might add, the stamps that I'll need to send them)

Until recently we had a dear friend living with us, and when she left I took the opportunity to give my craft room a revamp. I planned the new bits of furniture and baskets/boxes I'd need, sketched designs of what it looked like- then threw all of these plans away because during all of my 'Grand Designs' planning, I forgot that the space I had to work with was only about 12' by 7'!

I love my new set up and how much easier if is for me to work on my projects. 
The fab bookcase was 99p from Ebay and the IT guy painted it for me in this lovely Farrow and Ball off-white. The desk is actually a computer desk and I really love that there's lots of cubby holes and storage compartments

I like being able to see my rubber stamps properly and now I can more easily choose which one I need for a particular card or project

Gift wrap central

Where I sew all of my own clothes (not!)

And finally, my two motto's in life...

Also, these are both notebooks- does that say something else about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment