Tuesday 20 December 2011

Bathroom refit- check!

Ta da! Here it is, pictures of our very new and definitely improved bathroom. The IT guy has done such a good job and my Dad's help was really appreciated! For us it was all about adding a bath and updating the overall look of the bathroom, whilst still trying to maximise on space.

We (the royal 'we' of course- my only contribution was to keep the workers well fed and watered!) took out the shower unit and installed a new compact bath. It's only 20cm smaller than a standard bath but in a small bathroom it really makes a difference!
The floor and wall tiles were both courtesy of B&Q and my Dad's trade discount card and I think the white tiles really help to give the illusion of space.
We were able to move the far wall back by about 12cm so that was great for adding more space. The previous owner had done some very odd DIY in there so it turned out to be as much about fixing all of his little oddities as well as modernising.


We're really pleased with the new sink- partly because it's not enclosed in a chunky, ugly cabinet and partly because it's not made of plastic!
The tall cabinet was one of our best ideas I think. We didn't have much space for storage so we thought a tall, skinny cabinet was the way to go. This one from Ikea is great, it's only about 20cm wide but it's 6ft high so we can fit lots in it.


Blooper- The IT guy put the mirror a little too high for me so I can only see the top half of my face in it. Never mind, that's what tippy toes are for!

As with any good DIY project, we went a little over budget and a little over schedule but it was all worth it in the end.
And finally, you may be interested (and grossed out) to learn that I had a sickness bug at the beginning of the week, so I have well and truly 'christened' our new bathroom!

3 comments:

  1. Leah, it looks great! Very professional. Love all the white. So funny about Hamish hanging the mirror to high! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'm glad you finally got your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!
    Loving the look....
    Now where could I have seen another ikea unit used as bathroom storage? ;-)
    So pleased for you that it fits.
    Just have finish ours so we can join the bathroom appreciation club.
    XX

    ReplyDelete