Friday 16 December 2011

A very jolly holiday

I felt Christmassy in November, but it slowly ebbed away with every DIY noise that could be heard from our bathroom. We've gone 7 days over the schedule that we devised but at last, the final day has arrived. Can I get a hurray?
Jobs left to do- seal the bath side panel, screw the blind back up at the window, screw the toilet roll holder back onto the wall and grout the last few tiles behind the sink. Ta dah!
I'll post some pictures when it's all done- hopefully I'll be able to take them tonight!

I'm trying to feel Christmassy again, because the big day is only 9 days away, so I thought I'd share with you some snaps of our decorated house.

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!
I had to leave out a few of the lower branches so that it would fit nicely into a corner, but it's worked real well. Do you like our snowflake star? It was so tricky finding a pure white tree topper that we liked!


These were our favourite additions to the tree ornaments this year- a his and hers gingerbread couple!


The IT guy chose this pretty angel in the shop when we were picking out our decorations 


I've had this gingerbread house for a few years now, I bought it from Woolworths (which doesn't even exist anymore) when I was younger and I've got it out every Christmas since


These were printables that I found online and I framed them using plain silver frames from the pound shop. I love how they help me remember what's really important about Christmas- carols, being merry and joyful and the birth of Jesus


Our advent calendars.
This year the IT guy has filled mine with slips of paper telling the Christmas story in daily installments. I've filled his with yummy chocolates and some activities like 'tonight we will watch a Chrsitmas movie and enjoy a lovely hot chocolate'


Well what do you know? It worked and I feel Chrsitmassy again!
Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Your decorations look lovely on that tree. All that hard work shopping at the fair was worth it.
    Do you still have the link for the 'Wise Men still seek him" picture?
    I've managed to loose mine from last year and would really like to add it back to the collection.
    XX

    ReplyDelete