Friday 2 December 2011

Recharging my batteries

Yesterday I had a very cheeky, very lovely day off work. A few weeks ago I was feeling a little overwhelmed by work and a few other things so I booked a midweek break for the next convenient opportunity.

You might think that I did as little as possible on my extra day off- not so my friends! Visiting teaching in the morning, wrapped the IT guy's Christmas presents, a spot of laundry, decorating some of my homemade jams to give at Christmas and a quick clean around the house (and when I say quick, I mean quick, because next week we're having a new bathroom fitted complete with new floor and wall tiles so I can imagine that it's going to get a bit messy!)

Not bad huh! And I had dinner on the table a mere 10 minutes after the IT guy got home from work- thanks to my trusty slowcooker. I'm ready for my housewife pinny now.



This might all sound like a day of work to some, but to me, utter bliss. I felt rejuvenated and ready to face the world once more.
My one regret is that I didn't get chance to make a pie in my pretty new pie dish. Don't you just love it?
Maybe one day I'll choose a piece of kitchen or homeware that isn't green, just to feel daring.


Can anyone reccommend a good recipe for a savoury pie that I could attempt?

No comments:

Post a Comment