Monday 14 November 2011

Happies

People spend a lot of time pursuing happiness in their lives don’t they? Whether it’s hobbies, careers, holidays, families or anything else, I think we’re doing those things to try to make ourselves happy.
I learnt today that I only need one thing to make me happy.

Picture this. It’s a cold, windy day in November and you’re walking through the town centre on your lunch break. You thought thick tights and a skirt would be just as warm as trousers (you were wrong) You’ve been sat in your office alone all morning, and out of the inevitable ‘hand-boredom’, ate your sandwiches much too early. You walk past a well-known fried chicken take away restaurant that you pass almost every day without any temptation and… you practically float away on the aroma like Shaggy in Scooby Doo.

The slightly spicy yet beautifully mellow taste of the popcorn chicken floods your memory, and you don’t even try to resist. Deep. Fried. Poetry.

This is what made me happy today. Popcorn chicken. Delicious popcorn chicken, thank you for your mood enhancing properties, today was a good day for you to land in my stomach. You were the best £4.39 I ever spent. We don’t encounter each other very often, but nonetheless I hope today was as special for you as it was for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment