Friday 25 November 2011

Giving thanks

Thanksgiving is primarily an American holiday and isn't celebrated here in the UK, but we have some family in the USA and a lot of American friends so I don't feel like too much of a hijacker by celebrating it each year. In fact, I think we'll make it a family tradition to always celebrate Thanksgiving. Thinking about our blessings and all of the things that we're grateful for seems to me to be one of the best reasons for a celebration.

Here are a few things I'm grateful for...

 
The IT guy- he works so hard for our family

Extended family- everyone's so different and yet I think we fit together quite nicely =)

My slow cooker- anyone who has one will understand completely!

Cheese- I have a dairy intolerance so I can't have it very often, but oh how I adore cheese!

My home- ok, so this isn't a picture of my home, but I love having somewhere I can go at the end of each day that is peaceful and all mine
the home

Good friends- does anyone else have friends that you don't see for weeks or months but when you meet up again it's just the same?

Living in a free country- the news is full of stories about opression, tragedy and unrest. I'm grateful to live in a country where people can work, worship and spend their lives as they choose

Christmas- I'm so grateful for Christmas. I love the way that everyone seems happier and more kind-hearted than usual. I love that it's a time for family, and a time to remember the things that are important in life

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment